Step 1 – We Look for Moisture
Mold needs moisture to grow, so we start every mold inspection by looking for moisture where it shouldn’t be. Our specialized instruments can locate areas of excess moisture, and we look for signs of past water problems that could have caused mold growth.
- Exterior sources of moisture
- Water stains
- Water damage
- Musty smells
- Moist or wet surfaces
Step 2 – We Look for Mold
Mold can be almost anywhere, but we know where it hides. We thoroughly examine your property, top to bottom, inside and out, including all those nooks and crannies that people don’t like to go, but mold does.
- Exterior walls
- Basements & crawl spaces
- All interior rooms
Step 3 – We Test for Mold
If we find anything that looks like mold, or any indications of hidden mold, we perform the appropriate mold test that can tell us if it really is mold, what type or types, and how much.
- We take surface mold samples.
- We take air quality samples.
- We take outside air samples for comparison.
- We send your samples to an independent laboratory for analysis.
Step 4 – We Follow Up With You
The Follow-up Procedure is the most important part of the process to you, because we will tell you if you have a mold problem, and what to do about it.
You get a comprehensive report that includes your test results and our recommendations on how to get rid of any mold that was found.
- We contact you to make sure that you thoroughly understand your report.
- If you need mold removal, we give you the information you need to choose a mold removal company; one that has the certifications, credentials, experience, and know-how to do the job right.