Dr. Mark J. Banner is The Mold Expert
Dr. Mark J. Banner (Ph.D. in microbiology) received his Mold Inspector Certification from the National Association of Mold Professionals (NAMP), and has been performing mold inspections since 2003.
He’s also one of the leading trainers at NAMP, and has educated over 2000 mold inspectors! If you hire another mold inspector in the Midwest, chances are very good that person was trained by Dr. Banner.
Call The Expert!
If you need expert advice on mold, mold inspections and testing – especially black mold – hire the best!
- One of the lead Instructors for NAMP on mold, black mold testing, interpreting laboratory test results, clearance testing.
- 30 years experience as a microbiologist within the mold industry and food and beverage industries.
- Extensive research and knowledge on mold physiology, black mold, mold growth.
- Has performed thousands of mold testing and inspections on a large variety of residential, commercial buildings, libraries, schools, churches, senior and child-care facilities.
- Appeared on several special news reports with JoAnne Purtan on WXYZ-Detroit (Channel 7).
- Served as in expert witness in numerous mold litigations and investigations.
- Lectured extensively both nationally and internationally on black mold issues, food safety, and microbiology.
Dr. Banner received his Bachelors of Science from Iowa State University, a Masters of Science from Pennsylvania State University and his Ph.D. in Microbiology from Cornell University. He also received Spore Analyst training from the prestigious McCrone Research Institute in Chicago.